Monday, March 19, 2012

So Much for Plan A

Believe me, I had a post idea all ready to go last week. I was turning over the picture I wanted to use, and then...well...I discovered I'm pregnant.

Needless to say, this was unexpected.

Now, don't worry, I have no intention of turning this into a one of those mommy-blogs. Still, you don't get this kind of news without reshuffling your priorities a bit. And right now, our main priority is redoing the apartment. Like, before I turn into a bloated whale and can't see my toes. We have a ton of little projects that we need to take care of before we can even begin to look into baby things, and in the meantime I have to fend off both impending (well-intentioned and certainly loving, but exasperating nonetheless) grandmothers.

There are a few things they never tell you about being pregnant. Yeah, morning sickness and exhaustion and hormones blah blah blah. But the part that's been giving me the most trouble, actually, is how spaced out I am ALL THE TIME. It's like always smoking a joint. I blink and I forget what I'm doing, where I'm going, why I'm there. And although I mean it literally, it's weird, how suddenly a "Little It" (as we've been calling the tiny embryonic fish-thing) can make you completely reassess what you're doing, where you're going, and why you've been put on this earth.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations honey, G-d Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'd been trying to figure out the Facebook status's, now it all makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, all of my single friends picked up on it, but people who were married and had kids are (probably) still scratching their heads. Funny how that works. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hmm, do you think you could do a "Invading Stu" type cartoon thingy for the Little It?

      Delete